Terms & Conditions
Please ensure you read and fully understand these booking terms and conditions. If anything is unclear, please contact us so we can explain in further detail to avoid any misunderstandings.
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- A contract between you and the owner will come into existence when initial payment is received and a booking confirmation is issued showing the confirmed holiday dates. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- A non-refundable 25% deposit of the holiday cost is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than eight weeks before your arrival date must be paid in full.
- The balance of rental payment must be paid no later than eight weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date, then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- In addition, the refundable deposit of €500 for each of La Grenouilliere, La Lavandiere and Le Pigeonnier, is required in case of damage to the property or its contents. However the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Clients liability to the owner. The owner will account to the client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within one week after the end of the rental period, provided there is no major damage or other costs incurred.
- All cancellations must be notified in writing. If you cancel your holiday more than eight weeks before it is due to start, then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than eight weeks before the holiday, then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- If you need to cancel the reservation, the owner will try their best to re-let the property, and if successful the owner will refund the rental payment in full, less any expense or loss incurred in doing so.
- If for any reason you leave any of the properties before the departure date, no refund will be given.
- We strongly advise that you take out appropriate and comprehensive travel insurance to cover fully the party’s medical and personal injury expenses, belongings, public liability and cancellation cover etc. since these will not be covered by the owner’s insurance.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- The party will not exceed the maximum number of occupants per cottage without prior approval of the owner, either being accommodated at the property or being present on the property.
– La Grenouilliere 6 guests
– La Lavandiere 4 guests
– Le Pigeonnier 6 guests
- Only those listed for the booking can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- The owner reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- Bed linen, table linen and towels for bathroom and pool are provided for the guests’ use at no extra cost. The rental includes all normal consumption of water, gas, electricity (excluding the charging of electric cars), firewood and Wi-Fi.
- The property will be available to guests at 4.00pm on the day of arrival and guests are required to vacate the property by 10.00am on day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
- Pets, vaping or smoking are not allowed anywhere inside the premises and will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments.
- The owner will ensure that the facilities are in working order and the property is well equipped.
- Damages and breakages – please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage.
- Please do not move any furniture from one room to another.
- All inventory must remain in the property and not be taken to another property.
- We reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Please lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
- Please make sure you switch off lights, heating, air conditioning or any electrical appliances when you go out – we operate an eco-friendly environment.
- Please don’t take any bath towels with you to the pool. Pool towels are provided for each guest.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that if any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building, grounds or pool.
- No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, internet connection or television service. Or for any loss, damage or injury resulting from adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owner.
- Swimming pool
- Guests understand and accept that the swimming pool is not open from October to April and when open the guests understand and accept that the swimming pool does not have a lifeguard in attendance.
- The property is equipped with an electrical cover as required by and compliant to French law (norm NF P90-308). The guests accept and acknowledge that they will use the electric cover to secure pool safety, as required by French law and according to instruction.
- The pool is for guest members’ use only.
- Please avoid using glass or sharp objects near the pool
- Guests must shower before entering the water to rinse off creams and makeup.
- Guests are responsible for the safety and security of their party, particularly children, at all times. Never leave children without adult supervision. The owner is not liable for any failure to do so.
- Please park your vehicles in the designated parking space, ensuring cars do not block access to other properties. Parking is limited to 2 vehicles, per cottage.
- Please respect the community and try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially between 11.00pm and 8.00am.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Guests can use the internet/Wi-Fi network of the owner. The guests are not allowed to visit websites with discriminatory, seditious or illegal content or to download illegal files or to perform other illegal activities via the internet/Wi-Fi network of the owner.
- Barbecues – please use the designated barbecue utensils and clean the barbecue after use.
- Candles are not allowed inside the house.
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- This property is privately owned and is our home. We would like, and expect, all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
- This agreement shall be governed by French law in every particular, including formation and interpretation. Any proceedings arising out of, or in connection with, this agreement may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in France.
- Any personal data that the owner obtains from guests is done so in accordance with GDPR regulations, as detailed in the owner’s La Balie privacy statement.